• The girls lacrosse team, seeded No. 5 in the state playoff bracket that was released May 7, will play No. 12 ThunderRidge in a second-round game that must be completed by May 12. …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• The girls lacrosse team, seeded No. 5 in the state playoff bracket that was released May 7, will play No. 12 ThunderRidge in a second-round game that must be completed by May 12. Chap defeated the Grizzlies, 12-9, in an April 19 game earlier this season. Since 2008, the teams are 6-6 in 12 games played against each other.• The boys lacrosse team, seeded ninth, had a first round game against No. 8 Denver East. The winner moved on to the May 12 quarterfinals.
• Landon Rast won the 1,600 race at the Cherry Creek Invitational on May 5 with a time of 4:15.34 and he was first at the Denver North Viking Invitational in the 800 meters on May 4 with a time of 1:53.43. The Titans boys won the team title at the North meet with the girls coming in second. Stephen Brewer won the boys triple jump (47-02.50) and Travis Thomas the pole vault (13-9). Landry Johnson captured the girls 800 meters (2:28.02), Madalyn Mesher the high jump (5-2) and Alexa Gonzalez the long jump (17-5).• The girls soccer team gained a spot in the Class 5A state playoffs, getting the 31st seed for the playoff action, which started May 8.• The boys lacrosse team was seeded 16th and last for the Class 5A state playoffs and had a first-round road game against top-seeded Regis Jesuit. First-round games must be completed by May 10 with the quarterfinals set for May 12.
• The girls soccer team was third seeded in the 3A state playoffs and was awarded a first round bye. The Lions are 5-6 in playoff games over the past 10 seasons.• Nate Hanson and Fischer Argosino were double winners for the boys track team at the 3A Metro League championships. Hanson won the 110 hurdles (15.49) and the 300 hurdles (40.09). Argosino captured the long jump (19-09.75) and the triple jump (42-01.75). Jared Ammon won the 400 meters (49.39) and Ryan Goldhammer the high jump (6-5) as the boys ran off with the team title. The girls were also first in the team standings. Maya Evans won the 100 meters (12.33) and the long jump (17-3). Regan Aurich took the girls 400 meters (57.84), Lauren Kelly the 300 hurdles (47.54) and Katie Dack-Howell the discus (113-11).
• The boys lacrosse team, led by Ian Baldwin who has 51 goals and 63 points this season, was seeded 13th for the 4A state playoffs and first round game against No. 4 Golden.• The girls soccer team, 6-6 in playoff games over the past 10 seasons, was seeded 12th in the 4A state playoff bracket and had a first-round game against Skyline.• John Fulton won the 100 meters (11.23) and 300 hurdles (40.74) at the Highlands Ranch Memorial track meet on May 5. Katherine Higgins won the girls shot put (37-10).
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.