Chaparral • The volleyball team, ranked No. 1 in the Sept. 3 CHSAANow.com poll, recorded two big wins with a 3-1 victory over Lewis-Palmer, the defending state champions who were the top-ranked 4A …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• The volleyball team, ranked No. 1 in the Sept. 3 CHSAANow.com poll, recorded two big wins with a 3-1 victory over Lewis-Palmer, the defending state champions who were the top-ranked 4A team, on Sept. 4, followed by a 3-0 conquest of No. 9 4A team Cheyenne Mountain on Sept. 6. Team leaders are senior Kira Thomsen with 112 kills, junior Julianna Dalton with 29 blocks and junior Emma Ammerman with 166 assists.
• The football team surrendered 14 fourth-quarter points on Sept. 7 in a 28-20 road loss to Oakdale (California). Dylan Smithwick had 30 carries, rushed for 126 yards and scored two touchdowns in the setback.
• Senior Caleb Ream finished third in the boys sweepstakes finals on Sept. 8 at the Liberty Bell Cross Country Invitational with a time of 15:31.00
• Junior running back Blake Rarog averaged 12 yards per carry in the football team’s 37-21 win over Rock Canyon on Sept. 7. Rarog gained 192 yards on 16 carries and scored two touchdowns. The Titans threw only six passes during the game, but sophomore Kalen Shoemaker completed all six attempts for 39 yards.
• Senior Payton Lincavage went 3-for-4 to pace the softball team’s 13-hit attack in an 8-1 win over Regis Jesuit to start the Continental League schedule for the Titans. Zoey LeCompte allowed just four hits in seven innings to earn the pitching win.
• Sophomore Rylie Kadel had 12 kills, eight blocks, six digs and an assist in the volleyball team’s 3-1 win over Rampart on Sept. 4.
• So far this season, the volleyball team has not lost a set in piling up six victories. Junior Payton Brgoch is averaging 5.1 kills and 1.2 blocks per set. Sophomore Kennedey Johnson averages 5.9 assists per set.
• Sophomores Tyler Killgore and Logan Chollett scored the goals in the soccer team’s 2-0 win over Denver Christian on Sept. 6.
• The football team ran 21 more plays than Fort Morgan on Sept. 7 but couldn’t overcome a 17-0 first half deficit in a 37-20 loss. Senior quarterback Nick Ross threw 63 passes and completed 38 for 366 yards. He connected on three touchdown passes but also threw three interceptions for the Lions, who rushed for only four yards in the game.
• Senior Nick Hoff rushed for 75 yards and a TD while being in on 10 tackles in the football team’s 17-13 victory over Windsor on Sept. 7.
• Senior Julia Qualteri was 4-for-4 with four RBIs as the softball team notched a 13-3 five-inning win over D’Evelyn on Sept. 8.
• The volleyball team won its fifth straight match with a 3-1 triumph over Arapahoe on Sept. 5. The Mustangs, ranked third in the Sept. 3 CHSAANow.com Class 4 poll, challenged Class 5A top ranked Chaparral two nights before meeting No. 9 Rock Canyon on Sept. 13.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.