Chaparral • George Maldonado III was fifth on Sept. 29 at the Polson Ranch Invitational cross country meet. He was timed in 16:41.00. The leading Chap girls runner in the meet was Aspen Jeffers who …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• George Maldonado III was fifth on Sept. 29 at the Polson Ranch Invitational cross country meet. He was timed in 16:41.00. The leading Chap girls runner in the meet was Aspen Jeffers who was 14th with a time of 20:21.00.
• The volleyball team, ranked No. 1 in the CHSAANow.poll, beat defending state champion Castle View, 3-0, in a Sept. 25 match. The closest margin in the three sets was nine points. Junior Emma Ammeman was credited with 10 kills, Julianna Dalton had five blocks, Kyla Gerson had 14 digs and Katie Dalton led the team with 20 assists.
• The boys soccer team notched its third win in four games on Sept. 27 with a 3-1 win over Doherty.
• Ben Rosenbach assisted on Nick Bemardoni’s second-half goal that gave the boys soccer team a 1-0 win over Chaparral on Sept 25. Junior goalkeeper Tristan Smith made four saves to record the shutout which was the Titans’ sixth straight win.
• Senior Jadon Bennick was eighth on Sept 29 in the boys varsity race at the Polson Ranch Invitational cross country meet with a clocking of 16:47.00.
• The defending 5A state champion softball team won its ninth consecutive game with a 12-5 win over ThunderRidge on Sept. 26. Legend lost six of its first seven games this season. Against ThunderRidge, Olivia Bradley, Victoria Wharton and Cailey Oldemeyer each had three hits to pace the 17-hit offensive effort.
• The football team celebrated a 45-6 homecoming victory over Mitchell on Sept. 29. Senior quarterback Nick Moss completed 24 of 35 passes for 344 yards and five touchdowns. Noah Tack and Da’Vonte Street each had two TD receptions. Moss leads the 3A Central League and all 3A quarterbacks with 1,540 passing yards for an average of 308 yards per game.
• The boys soccer team shut out Prospect Ridge Academy 3-0 on Sept. 29 and stretched its unbeaten streak to six games (4-0-2). Logan Chollett had two goals and Christian Johnson one in the victory.
• Coach Alicia Oates’ unbeaten volleyball team, ranked No. 1 in the CHSAANow.com 3A ratings, beat Peak to Peak 3-0 on Sept. 27. Junior Payton Brgoch with 14 kills and junior Kennedey Johnson with 18 assists led the way.
• Sophomore quarterback Jack Hanenburg completed 13 of 20 passes for 182 yards and three touchdowns to three different receivers in the football team’s 21-10 win over Vista Ridge on Sept. 29. The Mustangs defense came up with six sacks in the game with senior Ethan Waite in on 2.5 of the sacks.
• Junior Cadence Shipman and freshman Kaylee Eyl each had three runs batted in during the softball team’s 15-9 victory over Castle View on Sept. 28. The team collected 15 hits with Tatum Neppl and Shipman each getting three.
• Junior Jordyn Miller had 13 kills and sophomore Abbey Telesz came up with 18 assists in the volleyball team’s 3-0 win over Regis Jesuit on Sept. 25.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.