Chaparral • The boys soccer team drew the No. 31 seed and will play No. 2 seed Boulder on Oct. 25 in a first-round game in the 5A state soccer tournament. • The volleyball team improved its …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• The boys soccer team drew the No. 31 seed and will play No. 2 seed Boulder on Oct. 25 in a first-round game in the 5A state soccer tournament.
• The volleyball team improved its overall record to 17-1 with a 3-0 win over ThunderRidge on Oct. 18. Kira Thomsen had 14 kills and a 60.9 kill percentage in the win.
• The girls softball team repeated as Class 5A state softball champions with an 8-4 win over top-seeded Cherokee Trail on Oct. 20 in the state championship game at Aurora Sports Park.
• The boys soccer team is the No. 27 seed in the Class 5 state soccer tournament and will play No. 6 Cherokee Trail in an Oct. 25 first-round game.
• Ryan S. Johnson was third in the boys Class 5A, Region 5 cross country race on Oct. 18 and the team finished second, with Nolan Getchell coming in eighth.
• The boys soccer team was seeded 20th and will open the 3A state soccer tournament with a Oct. 25th contest at No. 13 St. Mary's.
• Quarterback Nick Moss hit on 11 of 19 passes for 139 yards and three touchdowns in the football team's 42-2 romp over Littleton on Oct. 19. Andre Norman had six receptions and hauled in the three TD passes. Lutheran forced five turnovers.
• The volleyball team downed SkyView Academy, 3-0, on Oct. 16, with Payton Brgoch leading the way with 10 kills, three aces and three blocks.
• Junior Baylie Koonce was fifth in the Class 4A, Region 2 girls cross country race on Oct. 18 with a time of 18:57.23.
• The football team plays unbeaten Montrose Oct. 27 at Echo Park Automotive Stadium. The Mustangs beat Aurora Central, 43-8, on Oct. 18 as Koby Kercher rushed for 150 yards and two touchdowns.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.