Chaparral • Xander Sakadinsky, Alex Harlan, Michael Gaudio and Logan Kramer scored in the hockey team’s 4-1 win on Jan. 4 over Steamboat Springs as the Wolverines outshot the Sailors, 42-13. …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• Xander Sakadinsky, Alex Harlan, Michael Gaudio and Logan Kramer scored in the hockey team’s 4-1 win on Jan. 4 over Steamboat Springs as the Wolverines outshot the Sailors, 42-13. Simon Herz scored four goals as the hockey team beat Glenwood Springs 12-0 on Jan. 5.
• Four players scored in double figures, led by Joseph Dalton’s 17 points, as the boys basketball team, which was ranked No. 1 in the CHSAANow.com 5A poll heading into the new year, topped Denver East, 69-57, on Jan. 5. The win came after a 71-59 loss to 4A top-ranked Lewis-Palmer on Jan. 3.
• The girls basketball team shook off a poor fourth quarter and rallied in the overtime to earn a 43-40 win over Denver East on Jan 5.
• Senior Sufyan Elkannan scored 20 points and was one of four players to score in double figures in a 76-69 boys basketball loss to Ralston Valley on Jan. 4. The team lost, 47-43, to Dakota Ridge on Jan. 5.
• The girls basketball team improved its overall record to 9-1 with a 49-17 victory over Adams City on Jan. 5 as the team led 34-3 at halftime.
• Alexander Jessop was the 152-pound champion in the Freshman-Sophomore Heritage Invitational wrestling tournament on Jan. 5.
The boys basketball team resumed play after the winter break with a 76-39 win over The Pinnacle on Jan. 3.
• Senior Cohlton Schultz, the 285-pound wrestler who has won three Colorado state titles, earned the Outstanding Wrestling Award during the Reno Tournament of Champions, which concluded Dec. 23, as he became the first four-time Reno tourney champion with a pin in 16 seconds in the finals. He also won the individual title, along with 126-pounder Mosha Schwartz, at the prestigious Doc Buchanan tournament in Clovis, California, on Jan. 4-5.
• Gabe Mcdevitt, a 6-foot-2 shooting guard, was 3-for-3 from 3-point range, connected on 12 of 18 shots from the floor and finished with 28 points in a 72-47 win over Standley Lake for the boys basketball team on Jan. 3.
• Sophomore Liberty Line scored 24 points as the girls basketball team pulled out a 55-52 victory over Vista Peak on Jan. 5.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.