Chaparral • Senior Tyler Mulligan fired a 3-over-par 75 and tied for fourth on Sept. 19 at the Class 5A Southern Regional state golf qualifying tournament at Meadow Creek Golf Course. Jonas Graham …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• Senior Tyler Mulligan fired a 3-over-par 75 and tied for fourth on Sept. 19 at the Class 5A Southern Regional state golf qualifying tournament at Meadow Creek Golf Course. Jonas Graham tied for seventh on the individual leaderboard with a 77. The Class 5A state golf tournament will be held Oct. 1-2 at the Colorado Springs Country Club.
• Lexi Jorgensen went 4-for-4, scored four runs and had four runs batted in for the softball team, which beat Heritage, 16-5, on Sept. 21.
• The state’s top-ranked 5A volleyball team downed Regis Jesuit 3-0 on Sept. 30, and the Wolverines’ balanced showed as seven players shared in the team’s 36 kills.
• Josh Morris, Charlie Ververs, Evan Olson and Nico Fuentealba scored in the soccer team’s 4-0 win over ThunderRidge on Sept. 21. Grey Lapiano and Alex Brousseau got the goals in a 2-1 win over Grand Junction on Sept. 22.
• Blake Katt’s 4-over par 76 and a 78 turned in by Ryan Kennedy topped Titan golfers who competed in the Class 5A Southern Regional state qualifying tournament held Sept. 19 at Meadow Creek Golf Course.
• Senior Sean Marek, the Continental League’s leading scorer with 25 points, scored all three goals including the overtime game-winner in the soccer team’s 3-2 victory over Douglas County on Sept. 20 which was the Titans’ fifth straight win.
• The softball team, the defending state champions which started the season with a 3-9 record, won its sixth straight game with a 6-2 triumph over Rock Canyon on Sept. 21. Olivia Bradley, Lauren Griggs and Victoria Wharton each had two hits in the win.
• Westin Pals recorded a 1-over-par 72 on Sept. 18 at Hollydot Golf Course in Pueblo to finish as the runner-up for medalist honors in the 3A Boys Region 1 state qualifying golf tournament. He will be one of the individuals to compete in the 3A golf championships, which will be held Oct. 1-2 and the Boulder Country Club.
• The football team picked up its first win in three games with a 21-20 victory over Falcon on Sept. 21. Quarterback Nick Moss completed 20 of 40 passes for 282 yards and he ran for two touchdowns.
• The unbeaten and top-ranked volleyball team topped Jefferson Academy 3-0 on Sept. 22. Payton Brgoch had 12 kills and Abby Akers 11 while Bella Vezzani had 18 digs and Kennedey Johnson 25 assists.
• The soccer team went out of state for a pair of wins with a 2-0 blanking of Lutheran (Kansas City) on Sept. 21 and a 3-1 victory over St. Paul Lutheran (Concordia, Mo.) on Sept. 22. Sophomore Garret Thom had a goal in each game to lead the Lions.
• The boys golf team captured the title on Sept. 17 at the Class 4A Region 2 state qualifying tournament held on the Air Force Academy’s Silver Course. The Mustangs edged Cheyenne Mountain by five strokes and finished with a score of 240. Pondo’s Mac Konrad took medalist honors with a 4-over-par 76. Kyle Pieters tied for sixth with an 81. Garrett Zinn also finished in the top 10 with an 83. The 4A state tournament will be held Oct. 1-2 at The Club at Flying Horse in Colorado Springs.
• The football team scored 24 second half points to pull away from Dakota Ridge and post a 41-10 win on Sept. 22. Sophomore quarterback Jack Hanenburg passed for two touchdowns and ran for one. The defense came up with six sacks, led by Ethan Waite who had two.
• The softball team ended a three-game losing streak with a 7-1 win over Heritage on Sept. 17. Sophomore Sydney King went 3-for-4 and scored twice.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.