Chaparral • The hockey team gave up two goals late in the third period in a 5-3 loss to Valor Christian on Jan. 11. Dylan Florit, Alex Harlan and Landen Shay scored for the Wolverines. • Kobe …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• The hockey team gave up two goals late in the third period in a 5-3 loss to Valor Christian on Jan. 11. Dylan Florit, Alex Harlan and Landen Shay scored for the Wolverines.
• Kobe Sanders scored 24 points, Joseph Dalton had a double double with 15 points and 12 rebounds while Tanner Giles also had 15 points in the basketball team’s 64-55 victory over Columbine on Jan. 8. The third-ranked Wolverines warmed up for the Jan. 15 contest against top-ranked Mountain Vista with a 67-59 Continental League win over Douglas County on Jan. 11. Giles led four double-figure scorers in the game with 14 points.
• The girls basketball team stretched its winning streak to three games with a 54-30 win over Columbine on Jan. 7 and a 43-29 victory over Douglas County on Jan. 11.
• The wrestling team finished second in the team standings at the Jan. 12 Legend Duals Individual wrestling meet.
• Senior Lauren Carmack’s nine points led the girls basketball team in a 49-45 Continental League loss to Ponderosa on Jan. 11.
• The boys basketball team overcame a rash of turnovers to rally in the fourth quarter to post a 35-32 win over Ponderosa on Jan. 11 in the second game of a girls-boys doubleheader played before an overflow crowd in the Mustangs’ gym.
• The boys basketball team started and finished with scoring flurries to earn a 76-56 win on Jan. 9 over Prospect Ridge Academy, which improved the Lions’ overall record to 7-2.
• Senior Kate Webster had a big game as the girls basketball team used a strong second half performance to down Prospect Ridge Academy, 40-29, on Jan. 9. Webster had 15 points, nine rebounds, six assists and 12 of the team’s 25 steals.
• The girls basketball team pulled away down the stretch of a close game to earn a 49-45 Continental League win over rival Legend on Jan. 11. The win gave the Mustangs a 10-3 overall record which was one more win than last season.
• Gabe Mcdevitt and Justin Babb each scored 11 points but Legend rallied in the fourth quarter to escape with a 35-32 boys basketball win over the Mustangs on Jan. 11.
• Sophomore Colin Mathews won the varsity 138-pound bracket at the Englewood Pirates Invitational wrestling tournament on Jan. 12.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.