Chaparral • The boys basketball team, ranked No. 2 in the CHSAANow.com Class 5A poll last week, notched a 66-48 win over top-ranked Mountain Vista in a Continental League showdown on Jan. 15. …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• The boys basketball team, ranked No. 2 in the CHSAANow.com Class 5A poll last week, notched a 66-48 win over top-ranked Mountain Vista in a Continental League showdown on Jan. 15. Junior guard Kobe Sanders had 19 points and junior Dalton Waldron had 14 points and 10 rebounds for the Wolverines, who shot 59 percent in the win. Tanner Giles was one of four players in double figures with a team-leading 14 points in a 61-50 win over Ponderosa on Jan. 17. Bryce Matthews returned from concussion protocol and had 12 points.
• Dylan Florit scored twice and had an assist in the hockey team's 4-1 win over Castle View on Jan. 18. Carter Deel and Michael Gaudio had the other goals. Adam Leffler had a three-goal hat trick and picked up an assist in a 9-0 win over Dakota Ridge on Jan. 19.
• The girls basketball team lost 56-47 to Mountain Vista on Jan. 15. Mack Maier scored 12 points and Teja Tsangarakis finished with 11 in a 54-29 victory over Ponderosa on Jan. 17.
• The boys basketball team notched its third consecutive win with a 67-59 triumph over Castle View on Jan. 15.
• The girls basketball team lost 46-43 to Littleton on Jan. 16 but collected a 62-31 win over Brighton on Jan. 19. Elle Bevis was the high scorer for the Titans in the Brighton win with 16 points.
• The boys basketball team responded to a 48-47 loss to Faith Christian on Jan. 15 with a 77-52 win over Bishop Machebeuf on Jan. 17 and a 61-37 victory over Peak to Peak on Jan. 19. Matt Thompson paced the team with 14 points against Faith Christian, while Josh Greiving had 15 points and Thompson 14 in the win over Machebeuf.
• The girls basketball team also lost to Faith Christian, 44-42, on Jan. 15 and came back with victories over a 67-28 Bishop Machebeuf on Jan. 17 and 58-16 over Peak to Peak on Jan. 19. Sophomore Stephanie Schultz led the team in scoring against Faith Christian and Machebeuf and scored 35 points in the three games. Freshman Kaitlin Kyle took game scoring honors against Peak to Peak with 18 points.
• Mosha Schwartz earned a 6-2 decision over Justin Pacheco of Pomona in the 132-pound title match and it took Cohlton Schultz just 19 seconds to get a pin in the 285-pound championship match at the Top of the Rockies boys wrestling tournament held Jan. 18-19 at Centaurus High School.
• Baylie Koonce was crowned the 118-pound champion at the Take The Crown girls wrestling tournament Jan 19.
• The boys basketball team downed Heritage 53-41 on Jan. 15 before suffering a 61-50 loss to Chaparral on Jan. 17. Justin Babb scored 12 points and Nate Cook and Gabe Mcdevitt each had 10 points in the Heritage victory.
• Sophomore Liberty Line scored 22 points and junior Katherine Higgins had 16 in a 51-27 girls basketball win over Heritage on Jan. 15. The team lost, 54-29, to Chaparral on Jan. 17.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.